Get ready to spook Halloween party guests with these ghost meringues. There’s nothing scary about making them though, as this recipe couldn’t be simpler!
YOU WILL NEED:
Whisk or kitchen mixer
Wide piping nozzle
2 baking trays
4 egg whites
185g icing sugar
1/2 tsp white vinegar
Black edible balls
Makes: Around 20 ghosts
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1hr 30 mins
HOW TO MAKE THEM:
1. Preheat oven to 90°C and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. With a perfectly clean mixer bowl and beater, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add the vinegar and beat again. Gradually add the icing sugar a table spoon at a time until the mixture becomes thick and glossy with stiff peaks.
3. Place mixture in a piping bag fitted with a wide round nozzle. Pipe the ghosts using a swirl action onto the lined baking trays.
4. Place 2 black edible balls for the ghost eyes.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Once this time is up, leave the oven door slightly ajar allowing the meringues to cool slowly, leaving until the meringues are completely cold before taking them out of the oven.
Like these? Try these…
No tricks, just treats with these tasty spider pumpkin cupcakes.