This feta and veg-filled bake is the perfect mid-week family meal. Full of your five-a-day and with plenty leftover for lunch the next day, you can’t go wrong with this delicious cheesy recipe!
Serves: 4 to 6 people
Time needed: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 400g Bilash Long Grain or Basmati Rice
- 2 Large Eggs
- 45g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Pepper
- 200g Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Stonemills Dried Basil
- 45g Solesta Pitted Black Olives
- 200g pack Feta Cheese
- 50 ml Solesta Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 shallow ovenproof dish approx. 20 x 30cm
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
- Cook the rice as per instructions on the pack – drain and allow to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, peel the red onion and chop into medium size chunks.
- Chop the courgette into the same size pieces.
- Chop the pepper, discarding any pith and seeds, the same size as the onions and courgette
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Chop the feta into chunks the same size as the vegetables.
- Mix all the above along with the olives in a bowl with the olive oil and the basil, season with some black pepper and mix well.
- Beat the eggs, add the grated Parmesan cheese and mix with the rice.
- Grease the dish with some olive oil, spread the rice mixture over the base and up the sides of the dish.
- Pour the vegetable mix in the centre.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes – until the rice on the sides is crisp and the vegetables browned. Cut into slices or quarters and serve.