These tempting muffins go hand in hand with your afternoon cuppa. Ready in just 5 simple steps, they’re also great for popping in lunchboxes for a lunchtime treat.
YOU WILL NEED:
150g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
125g Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola Raisin and Almond
100ml vegetable oil
125g light brown sugar
75ml whole milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THEM:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6. Line a muffin tin with six paper muffin cases.
2. In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together. Add the granola, breaking up any large clusters with your fingers. Mix to combine.
3. In another bowl add the oil, sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla and whisk until fully combined.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Using a spatula or wooden spoon gently mix the ingredients together. Don’t worry if there are a few lumps, you want to avoid over mixing the batter as it can result in tougher muffins.
5. Divide the batter between the paper cases, place the muffin tin into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and risen. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe: Edd Kimber for Jordan’s
Cupcakes don’t have to be all sweet, as these moreish cranberry and cheese bites prove.