Creme egg brownies recipe
Wednesday 5 March 2014
If you make one thing this Easter, let it be THIS! This is an easy peasy Creme Egg brownies recipe – the ultimate treat for any chocolate lover and ready to eat in just 30 mins!
YOU WILL NEED
185g dark chocolate
185g unsalted butter
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
275g caster sugar
6 Cadbury creme eggs (fridge cold)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cost per serving: 51p
HOW TO DO IT
1. First preheat the oven to 180oc/gas mark 4. Then,melt the butter and chocolate together, either in the microwave in 30 second bursts or by sitting the bowl on a saucepan of hot water. Once melted set to the side.
2. In a separate bowl, crack in the eggs and add the sugar and then whisk until the eggy sugar becomes almost mousse like, it will take a good few minutes but it will be pale and will have doubled in volume and size. Next, add to this the cooled melted butter/chocolate and combine it all together.
3. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold it in, before pouring the mixture into a regular baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
4. Once baked remove from the overn and cut the creme eggs in half, gently placing the halves onto the brownies – evenly spaced, then pop back into the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes to melt the creme eggs. Finally, let the brownies completely cool in the tin before cutting into slices.
Love Creme Egg brownies? How about Creme Egg eton mess, doughnuts, or even scotch eggs?! Click through our gallery for more egg-spiring recipes…
Like these? You’ll want to take a look at these…
- Amazing macaroons that are almost too impressive to eat!
- Seriously indulgent chocolate recipes including these raspberry and chocolate cheesecake brownies
- Cakes and bakes in 4 steps, inlcuding these tempting raspberry and lemon curd éclairs