Has anyone ever turned down extra chocolate? These double chocolate delights are ready in just 35 minutes and will not disappoint!
YOU WILL NEED
225g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
80g caster sugar
80g unsalted butter
6 tbsp milk
For the filling
140g white chocolate
60ml double cream
For the Icing
110g unsalted butter
425 icing sugar
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
HOW TO DO IT
1. Sift together the flour and baking powder in a bowl and then stir in the sugar.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a pan over a low heat.
3. Whisk the egg, milk and vanilla together, and then mix into the dry ingredients. Add in the melted chocolate and butter. Stir gently until all the lumps are gone.
4. Spoon into the cupcake cases and baked for 25 minutes at 180 degrees.
5. Once cooked, leave to cool and start preparing the white chocolate filling. Melt white chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure it’s not too hot! Once melted remove from the heat and mix in the double cream.
6. When the cupcakes are cooled, take a knife and cut a chunk out of the top of the cupcake and put it to the side. Fill the hole with the white chocolate mix, and then put the ‘lid’ back on!
TO MAKE THE ICING
1. Melt butter and chocolate together over a low heat.
2. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add 120 ml of the milk and stir until smooth.
3. Add the chocolate and butter and then the rest of the milk. Leave to cool and thicken before decorating.
Tea + Chocolate = fundraising! Host a Big Chocolate Tea Party during April and help raise vital funds for The Sick Children’s Trust.