This recipe serves 24 (makes 3 rolls)
400g McVitie’s Digestives
155g blanched almonds
220g cocoa powder
1 tin (395g) sweetened condensed milk
1. Soak the sultanas in two tablespoons of cognac for 10 minutes. Melt the butter.
2. In a large bowl, break the McVitie’s Digestives with your hands into medium-sized pieces. Add the almonds, butter, cocoa powder, the remaining cognac and the condensed milk. Add the sultanas and mix in thoroughly. It will form a very dense mixture so it may be easiest to mix it with your hands.
3. Place a double layer of cling film on a clean work surface and put one third of the mixture in the middle. Using your hands, shape the dough into a log about 5-7cm in diameter. Place the log towards one end of the cling film and start rolling the plastic tightly around the log. Twist the ends of the plastic and tuck them under the log.
4. Repeat this process to make two further logs. Refrigerate them overnight.
5. When ready to serve, use a sieve to sprinkle icing sugar over the top and slice the roll with a sharp knife.
Discover some more of our favourite chocolate recipes right here…