She’s the laugh-out-loud Australian comedienne who shot to fame after her scene-stealing performance in the smash-hit movie ‘Pitch Perfect’, but how much do you actually know about Rebel Wilson?
Here’s 7 things you never knew about the hilaious Hollywood star…
1. Despite her care-free, crazy, and funny personality that comes through in her characters on-screen, Rebel actually has a serious and hard earned law degree! She graduated from the University of New South Wales in 2009 with Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws degrees. In 2011 she revealed to Glamour magazine, “People are always surprised that a girl who looks so stupid is a qualified lawyer. I still don’t have a lawyer here in America yet, so I read all my contracts and negotiate my own deals.”
2. Despite having a law degree, Rebel decided to pursue acting – but only after she imagined winning an Oscar in an hallucination! It may be hard to believe, but the actress claims she made the decision to become an actress based on a vision she had after contracting malaria. She told ELLE UK, “I was in Mozambique [on a] trip. I caught malaria and the medicines caused a hallucination. I dreamt I won an Oscar for acting. I know it sounds stupid, but it was so real and I just knew then it would happen.”
3. Rebel Wilson has great taste in TV – as she loves Ab Fab just like the rest of us! She even sites Jennifer Saunders as one of her biggest comedic influences. Pass the Bolly Rebel!
4. After her role in Bridesmaids alongside ‘Little Britain’ actor Matt Lucas, Rebel decided to move in with him as flatmates! “We played roommates so well in Bridesmaids we thought we’d do it for real,” Wilson explained on TBS’ Conan. “Except instead of annoying Kristen Wiig, we’re now annoying all the neighbors nearby.” In fact, one resident wrote the actors a letter asking them to be quiet after 10 p.m. and “stop singing show tunes from Annie” because they “are way too old to ever be cast as child orphans.”
5. Rebel’s siblings have equally exciting names: her two sisters Liberty and Annachi, and a brother, Ryot. However the star chose to go by her two middle names, Melanie Elizabeth, at school.
6. Rebel is actually part of the extended Disney family, as her great aunt was Walt Disney’s wife Lillian Bounds! We wonder if we’ll hear the star voicing a new Disney Princess (or villain?!) anytime soon?
7. She can rap and her alter ego is named Rebelicious! Check out the star rapping with US talk show host Ellen Degeneres here…