It hits cinemas on 26 October, but here are a few tasty tidbits about the making of the film to tide you over until then…
– Production on the film was put on hold in 2009 when film company MGM Studios filed for bankruptcy.
– Daniel Craig’s stunt double, Andy Lister, studies how Daniel moves to mimic him precisely on camera.
– The opening sequence of Skyfall is set aboard a Turkish train and is a whopping 11 minutes long.
– Judi Dench’s late husband, Michael Williams, was director Sam Mendes’ godfather.
– Javier Bardem had to dye his hair blond to play Raoul Silva in the film as Director Sam Mendes wanted to create an iconic look for his Bond villain.
– The film’s crew built their own set of a tube station and underground trains for a dramatic crash scene in the film – the train alone took six months to make.
– A former Top Gear Stig, Ben Collins, acted as a stunt driver for Daniel for some of the more fast-paced scenes in the infamous Aston Martins DBS and Land Rover Defender.
– Ben Whishaw, who plays Q, has espionage in the blood as his grandfather was a spy during the war.
– The film’s title refers to Bond’s ancestral home in the Scottish highlands, which features prominently in the film.
– Daniel reportedly spent his downtime on set watching daytime show Homes Under The Hammer. Well, we didn’t see that one coming!
Are you looking forward to seeing the film? Who’s your favourite Bond? Let us know in the comments below.