Tensions are high at the palace

Prince Andrew has released a statement regarding the recent rumours concerning his two daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie.

beautriceeugenie

In the statement, Prince Andrew denies that he has disagreed with Prince Charles concerning the role his daughters will play in the royal family. He also goes on to state that he did not ask for any future husbands of his daughters to have titles.

810

The official statement was released through Buckingham Palace on behalf of Prince Andrew.  This follows a string of stories that claimed there were tensions in the royal household after Prince Andrew reportedly asked his mother the Queen to ‘upgrade the status of his daughters’ future husbands’ so his grandchildren will have royal titles too.

Princess Eugenie, 26, is reportedly engaged to her boyfriend Jack Brooksbank, 30. She was spotted wearing a ring on her engagement finger only last week. They’ve been together for six years.

Princesses Beatrice, 28, is currently single after splitting with boyfriend of ten years Dave Clark.

Princess-Beatrice-and-Dave-Clark-2

According to the Sunday Express, a source said, “Prince Andrew believes his daughters are already being overshadowed by William, Kate and Harry and the situation will get worse as Prince George and Princess Charlotte get older.”

However, in the official statement, Prince Andrew labels these rumours, “a complete fabrication”.

Prince Andrew’s previous quarrel with the Queen about his daughters

Just last month, it was reported that Prince Andrew also demanded that his two daughters should be housed in Kensington Palace in a furious letter to the Queen.

It was said that Prince Charles blocked the move when the request was passed on to him. However, Prince Andrew denies this in the official statement saying, “there is no truth to the story.”

Beatrice-and-Eugenie

The girls are currently living in a ‘small’ shared flat St James’ Palace. Eugenie works at a local art gallery, while Beatrice has been unemployed since July.

Although Prince Andrew has denied there was a disagreement between the senior royals over the role his daughters play in the royal family in the public eye, he did not address the fact that they may be housed in Kensington Palace in the near future.

In addition, this isn’t the first time tensions have risen between the two sides of the family. The friction between ‘blood princesses’ Beatrice and Eugenie and William’s wife Kate has also been well documented.

Read more about Kate’s feud with the ‘old royals’ here.

Kate-Middleton-and-Beatrice-and-Eugenie

This official statement from Prince Andrew follows Prince Harry’s official statement regarding his relationship with Meghan Markle earlier this year. The royal family do not usually comment on speculation and rumours. However, this second statement of its kind suggests a greater need for the royals to be involved with the press about their family in the future.

Read more…

So, what do you think? Is there a place for Beatrice and Eugenie in Kensington Palace? Let us know on our Facebook page here…