Sir Bruce Forsyth health improving after five days in intensive care
Sir Bruce Forsyth, 89, was rushed to hospital having fallen seriously ill on Sunday with a severe chest infection.
The MailOnline say the ailing star was hospitalised, and spent five days in intensive care.
This comes after the former Strictly Come Dancing host suffered two life-threatening aneurysms, and subsequent keyhole surgery, in 2015.
Last night, Bruce was preparing to return to his home in Surrey where his wife, Wilnelia, will nurse him.
A friend told MailOnline: “Bruce came down with an infection last weekend, and it rapidly escalated into something very, very serious.
“He was rushed to St Peter’s and put straight into ICU because of his age, and the nature of his illness. He was in a lot of pain, but has been very stoical throughout.
“Of course, because he is nearly 90, doctors had to take extra precautions and Bruce had to stay in intensive care for a minimum of five nights, Wilnelia was by his bedside virtually the entire time, and has been amazing.
“Now Bruce just wants to get home, and slowly build his strength back up again. He remains in great spirits.”
This is the latest health related setback for the popular broadcaster who was forced to cancel several public appearances last year due to poor health. After his fall in 2015, which led to the discovery of two aneurysms, Bruce was too unwell to attend the funerals of his close friends Ronnie Corbett and Terry Wogan.
Last year, his wife off 33 years, gave an emotional interview concerning the battle for Bruce’s health:
“He has a bit of a problem moving but we still laugh and talk.
“I pray. I believe. The main thing is that he’s doing well.”
Last night Sir Bruce was said to be in a “stable condition.”
Our thoughts are with you Bruce, we hope you feel better soon!